At the moment I wish to introduce to you one of the most successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Enviornment), which is oriented in the direction of the famous Warcraft 3 - Map "Protection of the Ancients".
For those who by no means performed DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game idea I will explain it intimately:
League of Legends would not put excessive requirements on your PCs. You want a minimum of:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free laborious disk house, - DSL or related
Create an account both on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, depending on where you live. You too can create an account on US whereas residing in Europe but you will expertise higher pings then. I provide you with a hyperlink to create an account in my creator's bio. Choose a name (at all times the toughest part) and a pleasant picture and off you go!
There are 2 teams 5 gamers (there are extra game modes, but they don't seem to be necessary in the beginning because as a newbie it's best to begin with 5vs5 to learn the gameplay). Before each match you all choose a "champion" who is the character you need to use in battle. Dependant on your personal preferendes it may be e.g. an undead mage, a giant granite golem, slightly boy using on a Yeti, a courageous knight and lots of more.All in all there are more than 80 (!) completely different champions and each second week one is added.
Every champions has four totally different abilities (three normal and one additional robust, the "Final") and a passive, which he has since the beginning. You learn the skills by leveling up ingame and your max champion stage is 18 which suggests that you have 5 factors in each regular skill and three in your ultimate.
You receive experience for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it's not essential to kill them your self!)
2. killing or helping to kill enemy champions
To start with you typically play whatever you want, later it is helpful to speak along with your teammembers before the match begins so that you've a balanced setup and never 5 champions of the identical kind.
The completely different kinds of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means means power, they primarily deal magical damage with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Damage, they primarily deal bodily harm with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They're arduous to kill and shield their own carries, for example by stunning or taunting the enemies)
4. Supports (They have either buffs or heals to assist their carries and preserve them alive)
5. Junglers (They do not start in the lane however in the jungle and help their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The fascinating point is: Depending on the gadgets you equip on your champions they're typically able to meet totally different roles!
To start with you don't have own champions, but each week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you can buy extra champions with influence points (IP) within the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has three totally different lanes, which lead from your own to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which you must destroy before you can attack the bottom itself. As a help your most important constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in short intervals which aid you in fights. Between the lanes there may be the "jungle", where neutral monsters are located. When you kill these you obtain gold and/or short-term buffs.
As quickly as the match begins everybody has a couple of minute to spend his beginning capital on objects within the shop.
This does not take long since you do not have a lot gold within the beginning. There are other ways to earn gold within the game:
1. Everybody receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or neutral monsters (right here you will need to give them the final blow, the so known as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or helping to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are a number of gadgets which grant you further revenue (the so known as gold/5 gadgets -> they offer you 1 gold every 5 seconds)
If you happen to destroy the enemy important building (Nexus) your staff wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, nevertheless, you have to destroy all three towers and the inhibitor on at the very least one lane and the two towers which defend the Nexus. So it is not one of the best thought to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 when you do not push the lanes at the same time. An average match takes 30-forty five minutes, rarely more than an hour. As quickly because the match reaches minute 20 additionally it is potential to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a pretty new domination map ("Dominion") where it's important to capture and defend certain points. As well as there are ranked modes for gamers with summoner stage 30 (clarification follows) by which you receive an Elo count depending on your wins and losses. For freshmen I highly recommend the conventional 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends tee shirts
of Legends additionally has an RPG part. You don't only select a reputation and an image for yourself (you're a so known as "summoner", don't mix it up with the "champions") however you're also able to stage up yourself and purchase small buffs with Affect Points (IP).